Monday, 28 March 2016

THE CLOUD



One of my old students has sent me a poem written a few years back by him about the protection of nature. He has personified the cloud to make a complaint against the destructive nature of human being.  The floating clean cloud becomes acidified due to release of toxic gases into the atmosphere and also due to cutting down of trees, which otherwise might have purified water vapour in the air. The acid rain from the cloud will inturn harm the human beings and other living creatures.







THE CLOUD

Oh! you a little human
Me the cloud floating in the sky
I'm telling the pathetic plight of mine
I'm giving you rain, you are giving me pain
I'm growing forests, but you are cutting them off
Oh! you little human
I'm giving you water, but you are giving me acid
You are destroying nature, your mother earth!
You are killing your dear colleagues
When will you change?
Oh! you little human
why are you doing this?
This is your day
Tomorrow is mine
Oh! you little human change your mind
By Venkat Kashyap Varma (IX B section 2013-14)
dedicated to my mother, mother nature and mother land.....